• Xiamen University Malaysia Campus (XMUMC) is the first overseas campus set up by a renowned Chinese university and the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia.
• Located in the vicinity of Bandar Kota Warisan, Sepang, Selangor, it’s just 15 minutes ride from the country’s administrative center of Putrajaya or 45 km southwest of Kuala Lumpur.
• It is built on an area of 150 acres with a planned total floor space of 470,000 square meters.
• XMUMC aspires to become a university with a distinct global outlook, which features first-class teaching and research, and embraces cultural diversity.
• With the exception of Chinese Studies and Traditional Chinese Medicine, the medium of instruction for all other programmes is English.
Why choose XMUM
• Campus – a purpose-built campus occupying an area of 150 acres with an estimated total investment of RM 1.3 billion
• Academic Staff – 80% of our academic staff are doctoral degree holders; one third of our academic staff are seconded from XMU China, while the rest are recruited from Malaysia and other countries.
• Class size – small class size with a student to teacher of 15:1.
• Tuitionfee_ affordable, ranging from RM 12,000 -24,000 per year.
• Financial aids – merit-based scholarships are available;study grants are given out to needy students whose family income is below RM 3,000 per month or who face other hardships.
• Study abroad Opportunities – student exchanges or internships in China.
• Further studies – opportunities to pursue postgraduate studies at XMUM or XMU China.
• Recognition of qualifications – XMUM degrees are recognised internationally, including in China and Malaysia.
• Science & social Science
• Chinese Studies
• International Business
• Computer Science and Technology
• Software Engineering
• Digital Media Technology
• New Energy Science & Engineering
• Traditional Chinese Medicine
• Marine Biotechnology
• Chemical Engineering
• Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• Xiamen Univeristy Malaysia provides on-campus accommodation to all registered students.
• Students are encouraged to live in campus dormitories, as living on campus fosters a spirit of cooperation and camaraderie that develops into lifelong friendships, and facilitates participation in extra-curricular activities through various cultural, recreational and social programmes.
• Single room with en-suite bathroom RM560 – RM 620 per month
• Single room with shared bathroom – RM 520 – RM 580 per month.
• Twin sharing room with en-suite bathroom RM340 per student per month
• Internet WI-FI connection in every room
• An air-conditioner in every room
• A common kitchen on each floor equipped with a microwave oven, a refrigerator, etc.
• A laundry room
• A car parking area
• A five-floor student activity centre beside the dormitory, including a canteen, a shop, a gym, a table tennis room, a gymnastics room, a martial arts room, a yoga room, a swimming pool, a cafe and lounge, prayer rooms, etc.