Why choosing Deakin University in Australia?
- Deakin has four great campuses throughout Victoria, Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool.
- Each location provides a unique study experience and gives our students access to the latest tools and technologies such as the Deakin Motion.Lab and the Geelong Technology Precinct.
- Regional and outer metropolitan residents can also benefit from our Deakin learning centres.
- We make it a priority to maintain close industry relationships so that everything you learn is modern and relevant to your future career.
- Many of our courses offer professional accreditation and endorsement through a range of industry placements and internship programs.
- Deakin also actively encourages students to make the most of study abroad opportunities.
- We have over 100 partner universities in more than 40 countries around the world.
- For five consecutive years, Deakin has achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction amongst Victorian universities. These great results are based on 2010–2014 Australian Graduate Survey responses to ‘Overall Satisfaction’ amongst bachelor’s degree graduates.
- The 2012 Beyond Graduation Survey found that, of our 2009 bachelor’s degree graduates who were available for full-time employment:
- 95.2 per cent of those surveyed were employed full-time three years after graduating, (the national average is 92.2 per cent)
- Only 1.6 per cent of those surveyed were not working three years after graduating, (the national average is 3.4 per cent).
- We are proud to be in the top 3 per cent of universities across all three of the major international university ranking systems (the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings), assessed from 17 000 universities worldwide.
Our current achievements include:
- Ranked in the world’s top 50 universities under 50 years of age – QS World University Rankings
- 5 stars out of 5 for student retention – The Good Universities Guide
- 5 stars out of 5 for overall satisfaction – The Good Universities Guide
- Named International Education Provider of the Year, and won awards for Excellence in Education (University) and Excellence in International Education (Student Employability and Careers) at the Victorian International Education Awards 2014
- In the top 400 in The Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Ranked number 325 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Number 360 in the QS World University Rankings
- Deakin’s education discipline ranked 23 in the world – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014