• A highly ranked university with an international outlook, we’re deeply connected to our community and value our place in it.
• Our research excellence, innovative teaching and learning practices, along with our strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
• We also continue the progressive traditions of our namesake, Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice the Premier of Queensland, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, and the principal author of the Australian Constitution.
• Ranked in the top 3% of universities globally
• Rated five stars for graduate employability
• Range of subjects ranked in the world’s top 200
• Research rated at world standard or above in more than 50 disciplines
• Highly regarded as a young university, ranked in the top 50 under 50
• Our 5 campuses are located across the cities of Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan in South East Queensland.
• Brisbane is a vibrant, expanding city, offering world-class education, a beautiful climate and superb lifestyle. It is an ideal place to study and develop your career.
• Gold Coast – Beautiful beaches, an excellent quality of life and friendly people make the Gold Coast a popular study destination.
• We provide excellent scholarship opportunities for our international students.
• Griffith University supports outstanding international students with a range of scholarships, including: .
• excellence scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
• scholarships for family members of current international students and alumni
• discipline-specific scholarships for selected programs .
• higher degree by research scholarships .
• Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games scholarships
• Whether you would like to live on-campus or off-campus, there are a number of options you can explore to find housing to suit your needs.
• You can also choose homestay and live with a local Australian family while you study.
• Off-campus In Australia, share housing – where you share a house or apartment with a number of other students – is the most common form of offcampus accommodation.
• When looking for suitable off-campus accommodation you will need to consider:
• The cost of rent (usually advertised weekly) .
• If utilities are included in your rent (electricity, water, gas) .
• If internet is included in your rent .
• If the accommodation is furnished .
• How close the accommodation is to your campus .
• Access to public transport.
• On-campus accommodation is available at all campuses except South Bank.
• Living on campus is a fantastic way to meet new people, find out about new cultures, and develop independence.
• On-campus accommodation is usually fully furnished and provides access to
• laundry facilities,
• gym equipment,
• common rooms,
• internet and organised student activities.
• Nathan campus Semi-catered:
• Mt Gravatt campus Self-catered:
• Gold Coast,
• Mt Gravatt and Logan campuses
• Postgraduate self-catered: Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses
Cost of living
• Australia is an affordable and friendly place to study and offers a combination of quality education and high living standards.
• The Australian Government requires students to have access to a minimum of AU$19,830 (Australian dollars) per year to meet their living costs.
• Tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
• If you are a degree student commencing in 2018, we guarantee that your fees will not increase by more than 2.5% per year for the normal duration of your program.
• This means that you are provided with certainty and confidence regarding the total cost of your degree at Griffith.
• Detailed information on the fees relevant for your degree, including the fees applicable in your commencing trimester
• Bachelor of commerce – $27,000.00 – 3 years full-time
• Bachelor of Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of International Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of Government and International Relations – $25,500
• Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management – $27,000
• Master of Professional Accounting – $29,500
• Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management – $29,500
• Master of Marketing Advanced – $29,500
• Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice – $27,000
• Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) – $28, 000
• Bachelor of Computer Science – $29,500
• Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) – $32,500
WHY STUDY AT ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY
Our courses are designed to be not only relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
- Our Department of Vision and Hearing Sciences has a long-established relationship with some of the UK’s largest retail opticians, including Spec savers, Boots and Vision Express, giving our students opportunities for work-based learning.
- Our Lord Ashcroft International Business School has developed a course with Barclays Bank Plc. On this course, which is also being offered more widely as a talent recruitment and staff development solution for other businesses, students are work-based, sponsored and salaried for all three years of their course.
- Our Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science and our Forensic Science pathways have recently been accredited by The Forensic Science Society.
- Our MA Film and TV Production has established links with 4Rights, Channel 4 television’s commercial arm and talks and seminars are provided by members of Channel 4’s commissioning and business staff. Our students have the opportunity to pitch to 4Rights, Channel 4’s commercial arm, and 4Rights may make development funds available to students whose work justifies investment.
- Our Legal Practice Course was the first in the country to receive Skillsmark accreditation and was awarded a Grade 1 – the top award of four possible grades – consolidating our reputation as a provider of top quality, work-based learning. Skillsmark was established by Skills for Justice, the Sector Skills Council which covers all employers, employees and volunteers working in the UK justice system, as part of its mission to link learning to reputable and valued qualifications.
We have more than 30,000 students, and are one of the largest universities in the East of England
- We supply many of the region’s teachers, nurses, midwives and social workers and are the largest provider of undergraduate courses in subjects allied to medicine.
- We’re the largest undergraduate provider in the subject area of Architecture, Building and Planning.
- We’re the largest undergraduate provider for Mass Communication and Documentation.
We conduct world-leading research
In the Government’s most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) for Higher Education Institutes we were the top-rated modern university for Psychology, 2nd for English Language & Literature (including contributions from Communication, Film and Media) and 3rd for History.
- Rated ‘world-leading’: 8 of our areas of research – Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology and Social Work; Social Policy & Administration had a proportion of their work rated as ‘world-leading’.
- More than 30% of our submissions were rated as ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’.
We have great facilities
- We’ve invested over £81m in the last five years, with a further £90m planned over the next five. Among our specialist study facilities we have:
- a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit
- four University libraries (including an extensive digital library in addition to our on-site print collections)
- a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios
- a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory
- a University Eye Clinic
- simulated hospital wards and operating theatres
- bespoke counselling rooms
- the 266-seat Mumford Theatre
- two art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its groundbreaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford
- a mock courtroom, for our Law students
- a state-of-the-art Language Centre
- Multimedia language laboratories.
- We care about our environment
- We were ranked 10th in the Green League 2010 by People & Planet; a league table based on 11 environmental criteria, both policy and performance-related.
- Through our efforts to reduce our environmental impact we have achieved accreditation to ISO 14001, an internationally recognised standard.
- We were awarded the Carbon Trust Standard from 2008-2011 for our efforts to reduce carbon emissions.
- We’ve had a Fairtrade policy since 2007 and aim to stock as many Fairtrade products as is feasible in our restaurants, bars, cafés and other outlets. We also hold events throughout the Fairtrade Fortnight each year.
- Our graduates have great prospects
- Our Employer Mentoring Scheme is highly-regarded, and has Home Office recognition. The scheme has been designed to support 2nd year undergraduates in thinking about, and planning for, the transition from study to work. Each student is carefully matched with a mentor from their chosen career field, who volunteers time to provide skills-building, support and encouragement.
- Our on-campus recruitment agency, the Employment Bureau, also support students in finding part-time work whilst studying, and full-time employment after graduation.
- We’re one of the most socially inclusive universities in the UK
- Over 96% of our students come from state schools.
- We take pride in making international students feel at home
- We were ranked top three in the UK for our Welcome, Arrival and Orientation Programme for new international students in the autumn 2010 International Student Barometer, an independent survey of current international students at UK universities.
- Our Student Services provides a range of academic guidance and professional services, including careers and personal and counselling support services. Our student advisers provide financial aid and impartial advice, as well as practical help with managing money. For example: welfare loans, support to access charitable and trust monies, and a range of money management and cooking workshops.
- Our support doesn’t end at graduation
We’re in touch with over 60,000 alumni in more than 140 countries.
Our former students include: Pink Floyd members Syd Barrett and David Gilmour CBE, Ronald Searle CBE (creator of St Trinian’s), Peter Fluck and Roger Law (creators of Spitting Image), David Driver (Head of Design at The Times), Nicholas Crane (presenter of Coast and Great British Journeys), former Attorney General Baroness Scotland of Asthal, and Lord Ashcroft KCMG, one of the outstanding businessmen of his generation.
North China University of Technology (NCUT)
• North China University of Technology (NCUT), situated at the foot of the beautiful Western Hills of Beijing and at the cross of the Fifth Ring Road and Fushi Road, is a multi-disciplinary higher learning institute covering engineering, science, liberal arts, management, law and economics.
• NCUT has attached great importance to international academic exchanges, and has thus established intercollegiate relations of cooperation with more than 20 colleges and universities in the foreign countries, such as the United States, Germany, Korea and Japan.
• NCUT is one of the higher education institutions in China, which was approved by the government to admit international students and actually began to enroll international students in 1982.
• Both of the Chinese language courses and Degree courses offering to the international students are of high quality.
Why study in NCUT?
• North China University of Technology, like the city of Beijing, is dynamic, cosmopolitan, diverse, vibrant, and stimulating.
• The university is multicultural in its character with an international focus.
• The university views, as a key strength, the social and culture diversity of our students, staff and partners in the professions and in society more generally.
• This diversity has created a vibrant and rich learning environment that prepares graduates for a borderless workplace.
• To support its on-going research efforts, NCUT has established numerous research institutes, including a Computer Application Institute，Electrical Engineering Institute,Automation Control Institute，Intelligent Traffic Institute,Economic Law Institute，Management Institute, Jurisprudence Institute,Language and Culture Research Center, and an Architecture Design Institute.
• Professors associated with these institutes undertake many important national and international projects and have achieved national recognition and outstanding awards.
• NCUT is also active internationally through over 30 cooperative partnerships and exchanges.
• Partnerships had been established with universities in the USA, Japan, Germany, UK, France, Australia and New Zealand and elsewhere.
• NCUT is qualified to accept international students, who may choose to study in short-term and long-term Chinese language programs or in undergraduate or master degree programs.
• NCUT students participate in study abroad programs with partner universities through exchange programs or degree-seeking programs.
• NCUT provide amazing opportunities for students to get the practical experience which strengthens the learning of concepts and theories through lab-based classes, and in cooperative-education experiences at home and abroad.
• Our students’ education enhances their professional practices, serves the fast-paced economic development of China at large, and enables students to reach their full personal and career potential.
Our university offer 3 English-taught bachelor degree programs as follows:
• International Economy and Trade
• Electronic Information Engineering.
We also offer 2 English-taught master degree programs as follows:
1. Application fee: RMB 400 (Long-term Programs)
RMB 240 (Short-term Programs)
• Master degree Programs (Chinese-taught): RMB 25,000 /year
• Master degree Programs (English-taught): RMB 30,000 /year
• Bachelor degree Programs (Chinese-taught): RMB 19,600 /year
• Bachelor degree Programs (English-taught ): RMB 29,600 /year
• Long-term Chinese language Programs: RMB 8,900 / semester
• Short-term Chinese language Programs: RMB 700 / week
3. Insurance Fee
RMB 600 for a year per person; RMB 300 for six months per person.
This insurance includes accidental injury insurance and hospitalization insurance
4. Accommodation standard and charge
1) Long-term students:
Double room: RMB 30 /person per day or RMB 40 /person per day
Single room: RMB 50 /person per day or RMB 80/person per day
2) Short-term students: Double room: RMB 40 /person per day or RMB 50 /person per day
Single room: RMB 80 /person per day or RMB 100/person per day
• Being located at Shijingshan District – the urban area of Beijing, North China University of Technology is connected to the 5th Ring Road on the east and is in adjacent to Xishan on the north.
• With the floor space of more than 500 mu and the building are of approximately 300,000 square meters.
• International students can live either in International Dorm or International Hotel or 7# Apartment on campus.
• International Dorm offers shared kitchens, laundry rooms, electronic reading room (free internet), and a gym and multi-function hall.
• All rooms are equipped with telephone, television and Internet access (free), as well as desks, closets, air-conditioners and private bathrooms and showers.
• International Hotel offers laundry rooms.
• All rooms are equipped with telephone, television and Internet access (free), as well as desks, closets, air-conditioners and private bathrooms and showers.
• Each flat in 7# Apartment has a bed room, a study, and bathroom, kitchen and balcony as well, and is equipped with television, air-conditioner, washer, telephone, desk, chest, water heater, internet access, electromagnetic oven and other apparatus.
• With more than 1.26 million books, the library is provided with the gross area of 19,652m² and equipped with e-reading room and other modern multi-functional service facilities.
• The open service mode integrating storage, borrowing and reading is employed.
• It is opened for readers for 14 hours every day and the electronic resources are provided for 24 hours ceaselessly.
• NCUT also assist international students to deal with difficulties encountered in daily life.
• Various societies and activities are opened for international students to make their life colorful.
• Furthermore, they visit scenic spots of Beijing and have all kinds of amusement on holidays under the arrangement of the university.
Why apply Monash University via OVEC?
- Monash philosophy guides everything we do:
- our approach to education
- our research ambitions
- our people
- our communities and
- our global initiatives
- The largest university in Australia with over 60,000 students.
- Recently we formalised a first-of-its kind alliance with the University of Warwick in the UK, bringing together two of the world’s most ambitious research institutions.
- Over 600 programs.
- Vibrant student life– more than 180 clubs and societies.
- Over 150 exchange partners around the world- Over 3500 students each year participate in exchange programs with over 100 universities in over 25 countries, intercampus exchanges, study tours and international internships.
- 89% of Monash graduates gain employment within six months (Times Higher Education, 2009).
- Ranked 1st in Australia from which to hire graduates (New York Times, 2012).
- Ranked 32nd in the world from which to hire graduates (New York Times, 2012).
- 5 star rating for Employability (QS Stars 2012).
- We make the most of our global network and provide experiences that give our graduates a broader perspective, making them perfect candidates to thrice in a globalised market.
- Our students also become part of an international network of more than 270,000 alumni when they graduate.
- An exciting country with a rich international culture.
- The state of Victoria:45 per cent of people were born overseas, or have a parent who was born overseas.
- In Melbourne, the capital city of Victoria, people speak more than 150 different languages.
- Melbourne is ranked World’s No. 1 Most Liveable City from the Economist Intelligence Unit 2012 for the second consecutive year. August 2012 Report rates Melbourne as the ideal destinations thanks to a widespread availability of goods and services, low personal risk and an effective infrastructure.
- Monash University has 6 campuses in Victoria.
- Our on-campus student accommodation (available to enrolled students only) combines modern architectural design with a safe and secure living environment.
- Residences one, two and three are four-bedroom apartments, and residence four is a six-bedroom apartment.
- On campus you can expect facilities like:
- Self-catering accommodation with private single or shared bedrooms.
- Bedrooms with built in cupboards, a bed, bedside table, desk, chair and curtains – bedside lamps and linen are not supplied.
- Kitchen facilities with a four burner/plate stove, two fridges, table and chairs and a microwave oven.
- Television and games rooms, small lounges and outdoor braai areas.
- Internet access points in each bedroom, giving you 24-hour online computing, library and specialist Monash services (computers are not supplied).
- Laundry facilities.
- 24-hour security and access control/swipe cards.
- On-site car parking.