WHY STUDY AT ANGLIA RUSKIN UNIVERSITY
Our courses are designed to be not only relevant to the needs of industry and the professions, but also engaging and stimulating with the emphasis on the acquisition of practical skills.
- Our Department of Vision and Hearing Sciences has a long-established relationship with some of the UK’s largest retail opticians, including Spec savers, Boots and Vision Express, giving our students opportunities for work-based learning.
- Our Lord Ashcroft International Business School has developed a course with Barclays Bank Plc. On this course, which is also being offered more widely as a talent recruitment and staff development solution for other businesses, students are work-based, sponsored and salaried for all three years of their course.
- Our Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science and our Forensic Science pathways have recently been accredited by The Forensic Science Society.
- Our MA Film and TV Production has established links with 4Rights, Channel 4 television’s commercial arm and talks and seminars are provided by members of Channel 4’s commissioning and business staff. Our students have the opportunity to pitch to 4Rights, Channel 4’s commercial arm, and 4Rights may make development funds available to students whose work justifies investment.
- Our Legal Practice Course was the first in the country to receive Skillsmark accreditation and was awarded a Grade 1 – the top award of four possible grades – consolidating our reputation as a provider of top quality, work-based learning. Skillsmark was established by Skills for Justice, the Sector Skills Council which covers all employers, employees and volunteers working in the UK justice system, as part of its mission to link learning to reputable and valued qualifications.
We have more than 30,000 students, and are one of the largest universities in the East of England
- We supply many of the region’s teachers, nurses, midwives and social workers and are the largest provider of undergraduate courses in subjects allied to medicine.
- We’re the largest undergraduate provider in the subject area of Architecture, Building and Planning.
- We’re the largest undergraduate provider for Mass Communication and Documentation.
We conduct world-leading research
In the Government’s most recent Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) for Higher Education Institutes we were the top-rated modern university for Psychology, 2nd for English Language & Literature (including contributions from Communication, Film and Media) and 3rd for History.
- Rated ‘world-leading’: 8 of our areas of research – Allied Health Professions & Studies; Art & Design; English Language & Literature; Geography & Environmental Studies; History; Music; Psychology and Social Work; Social Policy & Administration had a proportion of their work rated as ‘world-leading’.
- More than 30% of our submissions were rated as ‘internationally excellent’ or ‘world-leading’.
We have great facilities
- We’ve invested over £81m in the last five years, with a further £90m planned over the next five. Among our specialist study facilities we have:
- a suite of forensic science laboratories, complete with a scene of crime unit
- four University libraries (including an extensive digital library in addition to our on-site print collections)
- a suite of multimedia sound and recording studios
- a Human Energetics Sports Science Laboratory
- a University Eye Clinic
- simulated hospital wards and operating theatres
- bespoke counselling rooms
- the 266-seat Mumford Theatre
- two art galleries; Ruskin Gallery in Cambridge, with its groundbreaking digital exhibition space, and Rivermead Gallery in Chelmsford
- a mock courtroom, for our Law students
- a state-of-the-art Language Centre
- Multimedia language laboratories.
- We care about our environment
- We were ranked 10th in the Green League 2010 by People & Planet; a league table based on 11 environmental criteria, both policy and performance-related.
- Through our efforts to reduce our environmental impact we have achieved accreditation to ISO 14001, an internationally recognised standard.
- We were awarded the Carbon Trust Standard from 2008-2011 for our efforts to reduce carbon emissions.
- We’ve had a Fairtrade policy since 2007 and aim to stock as many Fairtrade products as is feasible in our restaurants, bars, cafés and other outlets. We also hold events throughout the Fairtrade Fortnight each year.
- Our graduates have great prospects
- Our Employer Mentoring Scheme is highly-regarded, and has Home Office recognition. The scheme has been designed to support 2nd year undergraduates in thinking about, and planning for, the transition from study to work. Each student is carefully matched with a mentor from their chosen career field, who volunteers time to provide skills-building, support and encouragement.
- Our on-campus recruitment agency, the Employment Bureau, also support students in finding part-time work whilst studying, and full-time employment after graduation.
- We’re one of the most socially inclusive universities in the UK
- Over 96% of our students come from state schools.
- We take pride in making international students feel at home
- We were ranked top three in the UK for our Welcome, Arrival and Orientation Programme for new international students in the autumn 2010 International Student Barometer, an independent survey of current international students at UK universities.
- Our Student Services provides a range of academic guidance and professional services, including careers and personal and counselling support services. Our student advisers provide financial aid and impartial advice, as well as practical help with managing money. For example: welfare loans, support to access charitable and trust monies, and a range of money management and cooking workshops.
- Our support doesn’t end at graduation
We’re in touch with over 60,000 alumni in more than 140 countries.
Our former students include: Pink Floyd members Syd Barrett and David Gilmour CBE, Ronald Searle CBE (creator of St Trinian’s), Peter Fluck and Roger Law (creators of Spitting Image), David Driver (Head of Design at The Times), Nicholas Crane (presenter of Coast and Great British Journeys), former Attorney General Baroness Scotland of Asthal, and Lord Ashcroft KCMG, one of the outstanding businessmen of his generation.
DALIAN MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
• Founded in 1947 as Guandong Medical College, Dalian Medical University has developed into a multi-disciplinary medical university located in the coastal city-Dalian.
• As the biggest harbor city in Northeast China region, Dalian is an important international shipping center, logistics center and financial center in Northeast Asia.
• Owning excellent environment and temperate climate, Dalian was firstly listed as the “Best Tourist Cities” of China.
• In 2009, it was recognized by UNEP and awarded the highest prize of international garden city by IFPRA.
• Dalian Medical University is the largest medical university in China which enrolls the most international students, as much as 1300 from 82 countries in degree programs.
• It occupies an area of 373 acres with building area of 94 acres and contains 22 teaching and scientific research institutions, 5 supplementary teaching organizations, 1 branch college, 1 affiliated medical school, 9 affiliated hospitals (2 are directly affiliated hospitals), over 100 teaching bases, 1 state level International Scitech Cooperation base, 1 ministerial level research institution, 1 ministerial level lab, 10 provincial level key labs, 1 provincial level engineering technology research center and 6 provincial key labs for universities.
• Dalian Medical University offers programs in other fields like science, engineering, management, arts law and philosophy.
• The current number of student reaches 14267, including 269 doctor students, 3987 postgraduates, 8730 undergraduates and 1281 international students.
• Three direct affiliated hospitals serve the city of Dalian with more than 8700 beds.
• The hospital equipment and quality of medical care is in line with international advanced standards.
• The university has one state-level key discipline，40 majors authorized to confer doctoral degrees, 61 majors authorized to confer master degrees, 4 postdoctoral research centers and 20 undergraduate programs.
• In 2013, the university was awarded as national demonstration base of international student by Ministry of Education.
• The university was authorized as one of the first batch 30 universities which can teach undergraduate medical course in English medium.
• Its degrees are recognized by WHO and medical authority organizations of most countries.
• In 2011, 246 international students are admitted to take the Bachelor’s degree programs taught in English or Chinese, which covers Clinical Medicine, Oral Medicine, and Nursing.
• Clinical Medicine is the earliest established discipline in Dalian Medical University with solid foundation and strong academic strength.
• The MBBS program for international students in Dalian Medical University was set in 2004 and in 2007 the MOE declared it as the qualified university to offer English-taught MBBS program.
• The program is open in each spring and autumn, with the same duration and tuition fee. Besides, it can be taught in English and Japanese upon students’ choice.
• According to the framework agreement on degree accreditation between MOE of China and other countries, the degree awarded by Dalian Medical University is recognized in 31 countries.
• In addition, the university also signed agreements with medical associations in Thailand, Ghana, and Sri Lanka.
• The university has carried out the exchange and cooperation in domestic and abroad widely.
• Till now, it has established cooperative relationships with University of Sao Paulo Medical School in Brazil, The University of Adelaide in Australia, the Ohio State University in USA, the University of Groningen in Holland, University of Toyama in Japan, University of Oslo in Norway, BaFuLuoFu State Medicine University in Russia, Dnepropetrovsk National University in Ukraine etc 99 universities or scientific institutions in 38 countries and regions.
• Dalian Medical University is recognized by WHO and the graduates of MBBS program are eligible to take the Medical Licensing Examinations held by the medical councils in different countries such as MCI, PMDC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS etc.
Courses offered at Dalian Medical University
Bachelor degree in English medium
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, September Intake )
Clinical Medicine (MBBS, Spring Intake)
Stomatology (BDS in English)
Medical Laboratory Science
Medical Laboratory Tests and Analyses
Laboratory Medical Science (Clinical Hematology）
Masters degree in English medium (3 years)
Basic Science of Integrative Medicine
Social Medicine and Health Service Management
Nutrition and Food Hygiene Toxicology
Chinese Interal Medicine
Clinical Science of Integrative Medicine
Neurology (in English)
Clinical Science of Stomatology
Microbial and Biochemical Pharmacy
Laboratory Medical Science(Clinical Hematology)
• Dalian Medical University has two campuses, both two in Dalian city.
• The main campus is in 9 Western Section, Lvshun South Street, Lvshunkou District, where overseas students live; the other is in Zhongshan District. Apartment for International Students is in main campus, the accommodation’s price is approximately 27 RMB/Day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance
• Renting outside campus is not allowed
• 24 hour check-in service
• Moving in one month before semester begins is not allowed
The Main Campus
• Both Degree students and Language students are accepted by Dalian Medical University in same apartments.
• The main campus in Lvshunkou District is in the southwest of Dalian and far away from the downtown.
• #2 Building is for male students, #19 is for female students.
• All rooms are equipped with wardrobe, desk, chair, equipped bed with bedding, television, bathroom, heater, internet, telephone.
Accommodation fee for different hostels
Room with attached bathroom
Double room: 7000-8000RMB/person/year
Triple room: 5300RMB/person/year
Hotel: 22000RMB/single room/year
The room is equipped with TV, telephone, internet port, common laundry room and kitchen.
The university can provide different types of hostels to foreign students.
Hostel 1 (with attached bathroom)
girls’ hostel, which has single room and double room.
Hostel 2(with attached bathroom)
Boys’ hostel, which has single room, double room and triple room.
Hostel 3 (with attached bathroom)
anyone can apply, it has single room and double room.
There is diffrent types of room, 1 bedroom & 1 living room, 2 bedroom & 1 living room, 3 bedroom & 1 living room with the kitchen.
Four star standard hotel room available for students.
Tuition fee（per year）
Undergraduate: MBBS: 40000￥
• A highly ranked university with an international outlook, we’re deeply connected to our community and value our place in it.
• Our research excellence, innovative teaching and learning practices, along with our strong ties to industry, make us one of the leading providers of higher education in the Asia–Pacific.
• We also continue the progressive traditions of our namesake, Sir Samuel Walker Griffith, who was twice the Premier of Queensland, the first Chief Justice of the High Court of Australia, and the principal author of the Australian Constitution.
• Ranked in the top 3% of universities globally
• Rated five stars for graduate employability
• Range of subjects ranked in the world’s top 200
• Research rated at world standard or above in more than 50 disciplines
• Highly regarded as a young university, ranked in the top 50 under 50
• Our 5 campuses are located across the cities of Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan in South East Queensland.
• Brisbane is a vibrant, expanding city, offering world-class education, a beautiful climate and superb lifestyle. It is an ideal place to study and develop your career.
• Gold Coast – Beautiful beaches, an excellent quality of life and friendly people make the Gold Coast a popular study destination.
• We provide excellent scholarship opportunities for our international students.
• Griffith University supports outstanding international students with a range of scholarships, including: .
• excellence scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students
• scholarships for family members of current international students and alumni
• discipline-specific scholarships for selected programs .
• higher degree by research scholarships .
• Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games scholarships
• Whether you would like to live on-campus or off-campus, there are a number of options you can explore to find housing to suit your needs.
• You can also choose homestay and live with a local Australian family while you study.
• Off-campus In Australia, share housing – where you share a house or apartment with a number of other students – is the most common form of offcampus accommodation.
• When looking for suitable off-campus accommodation you will need to consider:
• The cost of rent (usually advertised weekly) .
• If utilities are included in your rent (electricity, water, gas) .
• If internet is included in your rent .
• If the accommodation is furnished .
• How close the accommodation is to your campus .
• Access to public transport.
• On-campus accommodation is available at all campuses except South Bank.
• Living on campus is a fantastic way to meet new people, find out about new cultures, and develop independence.
• On-campus accommodation is usually fully furnished and provides access to
• laundry facilities,
• gym equipment,
• common rooms,
• internet and organised student activities.
• Nathan campus Semi-catered:
• Mt Gravatt campus Self-catered:
• Gold Coast,
• Mt Gravatt and Logan campuses
• Postgraduate self-catered: Nathan and Mt Gravatt campuses
Cost of living
• Australia is an affordable and friendly place to study and offers a combination of quality education and high living standards.
• The Australian Government requires students to have access to a minimum of AU$19,830 (Australian dollars) per year to meet their living costs.
• Tuition fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
• If you are a degree student commencing in 2018, we guarantee that your fees will not increase by more than 2.5% per year for the normal duration of your program.
• This means that you are provided with certainty and confidence regarding the total cost of your degree at Griffith.
• Detailed information on the fees relevant for your degree, including the fees applicable in your commencing trimester
• Bachelor of commerce – $27,000.00 – 3 years full-time
• Bachelor of Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of International Business – $27,000
• Bachelor of Government and International Relations – $25,500
• Bachelor of International Tourism and Hotel Management – $27,000
• Master of Professional Accounting – $29,500
• Master of International Tourism and Hospitality Management – $29,500
• Master of Marketing Advanced – $29,500
• Bachelor of Criminology and Criminal Justice – $27,000
• Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry) – $28, 000
• Bachelor of Computer Science – $29,500
• Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) – $32,500
Why apply Monash University via OVEC?
- Monash philosophy guides everything we do:
- our approach to education
- our research ambitions
- our people
- our communities and
- our global initiatives
- The largest university in Australia with over 60,000 students.
- Recently we formalised a first-of-its kind alliance with the University of Warwick in the UK, bringing together two of the world’s most ambitious research institutions.
- Over 600 programs.
- Vibrant student life– more than 180 clubs and societies.
- Over 150 exchange partners around the world- Over 3500 students each year participate in exchange programs with over 100 universities in over 25 countries, intercampus exchanges, study tours and international internships.
- 89% of Monash graduates gain employment within six months (Times Higher Education, 2009).
- Ranked 1st in Australia from which to hire graduates (New York Times, 2012).
- Ranked 32nd in the world from which to hire graduates (New York Times, 2012).
- 5 star rating for Employability (QS Stars 2012).
- We make the most of our global network and provide experiences that give our graduates a broader perspective, making them perfect candidates to thrice in a globalised market.
- Our students also become part of an international network of more than 270,000 alumni when they graduate.
- An exciting country with a rich international culture.
- The state of Victoria:45 per cent of people were born overseas, or have a parent who was born overseas.
- In Melbourne, the capital city of Victoria, people speak more than 150 different languages.
- Melbourne is ranked World’s No. 1 Most Liveable City from the Economist Intelligence Unit 2012 for the second consecutive year. August 2012 Report rates Melbourne as the ideal destinations thanks to a widespread availability of goods and services, low personal risk and an effective infrastructure.
- Monash University has 6 campuses in Victoria.
- Our on-campus student accommodation (available to enrolled students only) combines modern architectural design with a safe and secure living environment.
- Residences one, two and three are four-bedroom apartments, and residence four is a six-bedroom apartment.
- On campus you can expect facilities like:
- Self-catering accommodation with private single or shared bedrooms.
- Bedrooms with built in cupboards, a bed, bedside table, desk, chair and curtains – bedside lamps and linen are not supplied.
- Kitchen facilities with a four burner/plate stove, two fridges, table and chairs and a microwave oven.
- Television and games rooms, small lounges and outdoor braai areas.
- Internet access points in each bedroom, giving you 24-hour online computing, library and specialist Monash services (computers are not supplied).
- Laundry facilities.
- 24-hour security and access control/swipe cards.
- On-site car parking.
• Jiangsu University, situated in a beautiful and well-known historic and cultural city on the southern bank of the Yangtze River – Zhenjiang, is a comprehensive teaching-and-research-type university featuring engineering, one of its five chief fields: engineering, medicine, science, management and humanities.
• Jiangsu Unviersity has an area of over 203 hectares with a total floor space of 1,400,000 square meters.
• At present, Jiangsu University has more than 4500 staff, including 2 Chinese Academy of Science academicians, 5 Chinese Academy of Engineering academician, more than 150 doctoral tutors, more than 300 professors and more than 850 associate professors, and an enrollment of more than 35,000 students, of whom about 6,300 are postgraduates.
• It has 24 schools and colleges, 76 undergraduate programs in the fields of engineering, science, medicine, literature, economics, law, management, education, history.
• It has 6 post-doctoral research stations, 5 primary Ph.D. disciplines, 33 Ph.D. programs, 100 master’s programs, 2 national key disciplines, 1 key laboratory co-sponsored by Jiangsu Province and the Ministry of Education, 10 provincial key disciplines, 11 provincial key laboratories and engineering centers.
• In addition, it runs 16 ME (Master of Engineering) and MBA (Master of Business Administration) programs, one publishing company, Jiangsu University Press, and one affiliated hospital.
• Besides first-rate education services, Jiangsu University will provide first-rate logistic services so that international students can enjoy a pleasant experience in this key university, in Zhenjiang, a famous city with long history and profound culture, and in China, the most charmful country in the 21st century.
• In every year, Jiangsu University also held a variety of cultural activities to help international students enjoy their school life.
BACHELOR DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
• Business Administration (BA)
• International Economics and Trade (IET)
• Computer Science and Technology (CST)
• Civil Engineering (CE)
• Chemical Engineering and Process (CEP)
• Pharmaceutical Science (PS)
• Food Science and Engineering (PSE)
• Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
• Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Chinese Language and Literature
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH MEDIUM
• Located in Zhenjiang in jiangsu province, in the south of China, Jiangsu University is generally consisted of four campuses: main campus of jiangsu university, MengXi campus, North campus and zhongshan campus.
• All the international students can live in campus, and accommodation is very cheap, just about 20~50 RMB per person a day.
• Unnecessary to book in advance.
• Rent outside campus is not allowed for undergraduates, graduate student should get permission from school before renting outside.
• Offer 24 hours check-in service.
• Moving in before semetser begins is not allowed.
• Hotel in campus: No.
• Pay by year in campus dorm.
• Check-in before semester begins.
The Main Campus
• The address of the main campus of jiangsu university is 301 Xuefu Road, Jiangsu University. Zhenjiang, Jiangsu.
• Non-degree students and Degree students are both welcomed by the university.
• And all the overseas students can live in the Overseas Exchange Building.
Non-degree – 15,000 Yuan (7,800 Yuan/Semester)
Medicine & Arts – 22,000 Yuan Per Year
Science & Engineering – 20,000 Yuan per year
Social Science – 16,000 Yuan
MBA – 60,000 Yuan/two years
Doctoral – 24,000 Yuan to 30,000 Yuan per Year
JU offers many kinds of scholarships to international students:
• Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) – full fee
• Confusions Institute Scholarship – full fee
• Jasmine Scholarship – 20,000 Yuan/year/bachelor degree – 30,000 Yuan/year/Master
• JU Presidential Scholarship – 10,000 Yuan/ Bachelor – 15,000 Yuan/Master
Why choosing Deakin University in Australia?
- Deakin has four great campuses throughout Victoria, Melbourne Burwood, Geelong Waterfront, Geelong Waurn Ponds and Warrnambool.
- Each location provides a unique study experience and gives our students access to the latest tools and technologies such as the Deakin Motion.Lab and the Geelong Technology Precinct.
- Regional and outer metropolitan residents can also benefit from our Deakin learning centres.
- We make it a priority to maintain close industry relationships so that everything you learn is modern and relevant to your future career.
- Many of our courses offer professional accreditation and endorsement through a range of industry placements and internship programs.
- Deakin also actively encourages students to make the most of study abroad opportunities.
- We have over 100 partner universities in more than 40 countries around the world.
- For five consecutive years, Deakin has achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction amongst Victorian universities. These great results are based on 2010–2014 Australian Graduate Survey responses to ‘Overall Satisfaction’ amongst bachelor’s degree graduates.
- The 2012 Beyond Graduation Survey found that, of our 2009 bachelor’s degree graduates who were available for full-time employment:
- 95.2 per cent of those surveyed were employed full-time three years after graduating, (the national average is 92.2 per cent)
- Only 1.6 per cent of those surveyed were not working three years after graduating, (the national average is 3.4 per cent).
- We are proud to be in the top 3 per cent of universities across all three of the major international university ranking systems (the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings), assessed from 17 000 universities worldwide.
Our current achievements include:
- Ranked in the world’s top 50 universities under 50 years of age – QS World University Rankings
- 5 stars out of 5 for student retention – The Good Universities Guide
- 5 stars out of 5 for overall satisfaction – The Good Universities Guide
- Named International Education Provider of the Year, and won awards for Excellence in Education (University) and Excellence in International Education (Student Employability and Careers) at the Victorian International Education Awards 2014
- In the top 400 in The Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Ranked number 325 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- Number 360 in the QS World University Rankings
- Deakin’s education discipline ranked 23 in the world – QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014